Volunteering with Wymondham Dementia Support Group
- Volunteering is good for you – it offers so much and allows you to use your personal skills and talents to help others
- Volunteering offers you the chance to develop new friendships, build your own confidence and help you gain valuable experience if you are seeking employment.
- Wymondham Dementia Support Group within its activities offers scope to support people with dementia and their carers in a wide variety of ways using creative activities, music, games and just befriending and talking.
- We offer training in dementia awareness to our volunteers and there is continuing support offered for personal development.
- If you would like to see what we do and consider if it is something suitable for you please call in and stay for any Friday morning cafe session at the Fairland Church Centre, Fairland Hill, Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18 0AW. If having experienced the cafe in operation, talked to our Organisers and some of our volunteers and you feel it is something you would like to become involved with then you might consider completing the volunteer application form in this section or by making contact through our CONTACTS page. Each application will be considered by our Organisers and our Trustees.